Tuesday 7 October 2008

Lisa's Style Diary


Winter Layering

After a relaxing family holiday it was time to get back to reality, it’s so nice having a break. I believe a proper holiday is not having to dress up- No make up and minimal fuss. I lived in a mix of four bikinis, flip flops, sarongs and two pretty evening dresses.

Since I’ve been back, I haven’t stopped! My production company Libra is well underway and I have a couple of projects on the go, so it was nice to get away while I could.

This season we seem to be living in a sea of black which can be so depressing! We should be looking at cheering ourselves up with bright, vibrant colours that make us feel good! The weathers miserable enough!

Winter is all about layering, but not too much. You want to stay warm without looking big and bulky. Thin layers are the key, layer silk vests with fine knits to keep in the warmth.
Donna Karan has some nice pieces in her new collection and I have my eye on a fabulous winter coat designed by Ian Garlant.

Winter dressing can be chic if you buy great basics. I can’t live without the LTS Audrey scarf and glove set as they go with everything as well as keeping out the cold and my boyfriend cut jeans are so comfortable I practically live in them.

As for the trend conscious hemlines are varied, colours are rich and necklines are high. Gilets are also making a big comeback. I love the LTS faux fur reversible gilet from the Autumn/Winter collection, definitely a wardrobe essential. I’ve also just ordered the Tokyo jacket after seeing it at the photoshoot.

These classic pieces are great for building your wardrobe around and guaranteed to keep you stylish and cosy all winter long!

Lisa

No comments: