Friday 29 August 2008

A day in the life of a designer..


My Cultural Weekend

Well it’s been a busy week at work- Carly (the other designer at LTS) and I have been trying to put summer 2009 to bed – so it’s all hands on deck. We’ve been fitting all the first samples on our model. Trying to get them to fit just right is a long process especially with some of the newer styles but we are slowly getting there.

Everyone in the office is pretty upbeat at the moment thanks to all of you out there. The reason being, we have received such positive feedback regarding our new look and catalogue. Here at LTS HQ we are completely overwhelmed and I just wanted to say thanks.

At the moment I’m itching to get started on designing Autumn Winter 2009 which hopefully we will start in about 2 weeks. I will keep you posted and let you know when it’s all underway.

Anyway all work and no play makes Jack a dull boy or Sally a dull girl. So as it was a bank holiday weekend I jumped in the trusty Golf and headed for the Cotswolds for a bit of R&R.
On route to a church cream tea I called in at the Alain Rouveure gallery. They sell fantastic Nepalese and Tibetan rugs in really beautiful colours and textures. All very inspiring for next year’s colour palette. I got home just in time to watch “The Good, The Bad and The Ugly” with Clint Eastwood (Well, I wasn’t actually watching it with Clint, which was a good job too as I fell asleep half way through!) None the less I have to say I am now definitely feeling a huge Poncho revival.

On Bank Holiday Monday I continued the culture gig and went to the Tate Britain to the “Lure of the East” exhibition, mainly because I wanted to see the painting of Lady Mary Wortley Montagu. She was one of the first women to travel in the orient and write about her experiences. Her observations about costume and dress are exquisite.

Of course such culture was rewarded by cake… I needed the sugar rush to keep me going….

To round the weekend off I went to see The Dark Knight- The critics got it right, Heath Ledger is brilliant as the Joker. I particularly like him in the red wig and the nurse’s uniform! Maggie Gyllenhaal was great too and of course had some fantastic outfits. I think I too will be going for the pencil skirt, white blouse and waistcoat option this autumn; this was power dressing at its best. I’m just not sure that LTS will let me set up my own interrogation room in the office to complete the scenario…..






No comments: