Thursday 14 August 2008

Lisa's Style Diary



Catching up with Lisa at the moment is quite a task as she is busy putting together ideas for exciting new ventures including starting her own production company and preparing for a well deserved family holiday.

Luckily for us we managed to get a few words in between styling the nation and pitching ideas to the BBC!

Winter Wardrobe Essentials


If I’m honest, I haven’t always had a passion for fashion; horses were in fact my first love. I didn’t have boyfriends I had horses. They were much easier to control!

When I was younger I didn’t really know anything about fashion and I wasn’t really interested.
My modelling career started at a very young age when I won Elle’s face of “87 competition. This provoked a lot of press attention as I was only 15 at the time, but I guess that helped launch my career in quite a big way.

From that moment on I developed a love for fashion, before then I didn’t know who Ralph Lauren was and that was my first shoot! I had to learn quickly, but the whole point of me modelling in the first place was to earn enough money to buy a horse!

I’ve really struggled to find clothes that fit properly since I was a teenager. Yes, not because of my height, (I’m 6 foot) but my shape. Jackets and shirts in particular are always a problem as are trousers. Sleeve lengths are always too short; ridiculously I have to roll up the sleeves on a white shirt so you can’t tell it’s too short!

I’m a big fan of Religion and Hardy Amies- beautiful clothes. I don’t really go to any other high street shops other than Long Tall Sally because they just don’t make clothes well enough for taller women. I must admit I live in jeans, a great fitting pair work wonders! I’m what you would call a lazy dresser so jeans are perfect as I can dress them up or down for most occasions.

Designer labels don’t generally fit unless I have clothes specifically made for me. Ian Garlant from Hardy Amies designed a phenomenal chocolate, velvet ball gown for me. It’s absolutely beautiful; it’s rarely been worn but definitely my favourite item in my wardrobe along with my jeans.

This season sees a variety of trends to keep even the highly fashion conscious happy, including; Gothic chic, fitted tailoring, lace, flat shoes, and tartan will be making a big comeback.

I’m looking forward to wrapping up in fitted jackets with big belts and wearing big statement jewellery. I adore the LTS faux fur reversible gilet from the Autumn/Winter collection, definitely a wardrobe essential. Big jewellery can finish an outfit of nicely and when you are tall you can carry it off. I also love Long Tall Sally’s Audrey scarf its extra long, so guaranteed to keep you winter warm.

Happy Shopping!


Lisa




1 comment:

Dorothy M said...

Great Blog - good to know there are fashion advisors out there for us taller girls. Keep up the good work!